Food blogger Annem Hobson, from So Wrong It’s Nom is launching her sell out Cheese Advent Calendar for the second year after creating a frenzy on the internet with her initial prototype. After trending on Facebook for more than two days and garnering celebrity support, over 11,000 people signed up to give the campaign their support in four days alone.
An alternative to standard chocolate advent calendars, the Cheese Advent Calendar will be available to buy in ASDA, Sainsbury’s and Booths stores, nationwide from November. Following its runaway success, the calendar will also be going global in Target stores in the United States, as well as across Europe.After pitching the idea, the calendar was put into production with the help of Norseland in Ilchester, Somerset; the innovative cheese specialists behind leading cheese brands, Jarlsberg®, Applewood®, Mexicana® and Ilchester®. Including 24 individually wrapped cheeses, the calendar has a unique ‘book style’ packaging design, allowing one half to be torn off after the initial 12 days of Christmas to maximise fridge space.
The calendar includes:
- Jarlsberg® – Famous around the world for its distinctive sweet and nutty taste. Smooth, distinctive and rounded, it has a hint of sweetness and a unique flavour.
- Applewood® – A real English treasure. Applewood is made in the West Country from British cheddar and has a delicate smoky flavour and a lovely smooth texture, all finished with a dusting of paprika for good measure.
- Ilchester® Mature Cheddar – Ilchester’s Cheddar comes from the West Country near where Cheddar originated in the Mendip Hills. Take a bite and let the creaminess melt into your mouth, with earthy tangy notes.
- Ilchester® Red Leicester Cheese – Smooth and Nutty! Add a splash of colour to your cheese board with this traditional English cheese based on a classic Cheddar recipe.
- Ilchester® Wensleydale with cranberries – Traditionally made with a smooth and creamy gold award winning Wensleydale. It is creamy and smooth and perfectly paired with juicy sweet festive cranberries.
- Ilchester® Edam – Dutch Edam selected by Ilchester® for its smooth and creamy flavour.
- Limited Edition Ilchester® Wensleydale with Gingerbread – Adding more magic to Christmas eve, Wensleydale and Gingerbread has the delicious sweet flavour of Gingerbread biscuits.