- Restaurant: Arcade Bistro
- Cuisine: Hungarian, International
- Location: 38 Kiss Janos Altabornagy, Budapest 1126, Hungary
- The bill: Not too sure for this one…I think circa £25 – £40 per head, depending what you order.
- Ambience: Casual, smart.
- Jelly Good Food Rating: 8/10
So Arcade, wins in the “restaurant in the most unlikely area for fine dining” category. A collegue organised this, and we took a cab to a residential part of Budapest, mostly filled with Soviet style, unloved concrete blocks. Our Taxi driver couldn’t even find this restaurant but we were persistent and found it eventually on foot. As the amuse-bouches were served, it transpired, the effort was worth it.
Eisenstein said that everything is relative, and hence forth I could be suggested that my delight with Arcade is directly related to fact that I didn’t really enjoy any other meals I had in Budapest over my 4 day trip. However the menu was modern and imaginative, quality of cooking very high, quality of presentation pretty great and the service was not bad at all – I cant fault these guys.
Conversely in 2010, Arcade Bistro was awarded Michelin Bib Gourmand.
JellyGoodFood bottom line:
Highly recommended, worth the taxi ride.