- Restaurant: My Village (this is not a restaurant-restaurant, its a cafe, I guess like the title suggests 🙂
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Location: Camden, Chalk Farm Road
- The bill: £7 or so
- Ambience: hippy, laid back, comforting
- Jelly Good Food Rating: 8/10
So this is my hangover/detox place. They only have vegetarian/vegan things in here, and you can buy those kind of products there as well as get fed. The food is really simple and very healthy – salads a soups and falafels rule the day.
The owners are identical twins, two Kurdish gentlemen with salt and pepper hair and they got this place so right, It makes me think they have done this before somewhere else. The decor is hipster meets cowboy shack – just so appropriate for it’s Camden clientèle and their Kerouac-esque pretensions. Samples of smoothies are offered in shot glasses – expect things like spicy chocolatey ginger and peanut. Real mint tea is also worth mentioning – but for that you have to hang around to let it brew, something you are fully encouraged to do, buy the array of available newspapers. Good people watching.
Jellygoodfood bottom line:
This place is good for coffees, light lunch, health-kick moods…impressing your vegan/veggie friends